Applications for the WNC Junior Beef Show: Gary Stamey Scholarship are due by Tuesday, October 3, 2017. Please read the information below for the details of the scholarship.
Applicants must live in one of the following counties of Western North Carolina; Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, Yancey and the Eastern Band of the Cherokee
- Applicants must have participated in 3 Junior Beef Shows prior to submitting application
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average to be considered
- Applicants must be currently be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college or university
- Applicants are in their sophomore, junior or senior year
- Preference will be given to applicants enrolled in an agriculture curriculum
- Preference will be given to applicants that have not previously received scholarship
- Good Character
- Extracurricular activities
- Community service (outstanding contributions to school and community)
- Academic ability and achievement
- Application must be typed
- Applicants must submit completed application and all items listed on the checklist on the first page of application.
- Be certain to sign the certification statement on the last page of application
- Before submitting application make a copy for your records
- DEADLINE: Application and all supporting materials MUST be POSTMARKED by October 3, 2017. ****The application deadline is incorrect on the application.****
Selection and Scholarship Details:
Based on the stated criteria, the WNC Junior Beef Scholarship Committee may select a recipient from completed applications. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to not award a scholarship for the year based on the quality of the applications received. The student selected to receive the scholarship will be awarded a certificate at an award ceremony at the conclusion of the WNC District Beef Show. This scholarship is available on an annual basis with preference given to new recipients. This scholarship is awarded without regard to race, creed, sex, ethnic background, handicap or origin.
Payment of Awards:
Payment of the $500 scholarship will be made directly to the recipient’s college or university to be mailed following the WNC District Beef Show.
Please click on the link below to download the application: