We are pleased to announce National 4-H Council is now accepting applications for the annual Youth in Action award, to be presented at the 4-H Legacy Awards Gala in New York City on April 18, 2013! This award recognizes an outstanding young person from your 4-H program who is realizing 4-H’s vision for youth driving positive change in their communities.
The 4-H Youth in Action award is open to 4-H members and recent alumni ages 16-21. Applicants should have led a project, service or event that:
- Identified a problem in their community;
- Included 4-H as part of the solution; and
- Made an impact in resolving the issue.
In a 3 minute or less video, the nominee should address the following questions/statements:
(Note: File size should not exceed 50MB or 3 minutes.)
- What problem or global issue did your community face?
- What was the solution to the problem or global issue, and how was 4-H involved?
- What impact did the resolution have on your community?
- How has 4-H impacted your life?
Describe any adversities or challenges that your 4-H experience has helped you overcome?
How to Apply
Please download 2013 Youth In Action Award Guidelines for complete details.
Online applications must be submitted by Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012, at 11:59pm. Questions regarding the application process will be accepted until 4 p.m. ET, Nov. 1, 2012. Please download 2013 Youth In Action Award Guidelines for complete award information and application rules.
We’re happy to help! Please email Jennifer Bellamy at firstname.lastname@example.org.