Brandon Christopher will be in charge of the Buncombe County Horticulture Judging. Anyone who is interested in being on the Buncombe County team or participating at state with Buncombe County needs to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org before practices start. The first practice will be at the 4-H Office on March 2nd from 3:30-4:30. Subsequent practices will be held on Tuesdays of each week.
Buncombe County Livestock Judging has been changed to Monday February 1st at 5:30 at Debbie Cartwright’s. Her address is 8 Tony Lunsford Drive, Leicester, NC. There will be someone at the bottom of the hill waiting so new people know where to go. We would love to have anyone new to livestock judging join us on the first!
Below are the upcoming dates for 2010 4-H Youth Livestock Events:
- March 6 & 7: Eastern Carolina 4-H Livestock School
- May 22: Livestock Judging Clinic
- June 29: NC 4-H Livestock Judging Contest
- June 30: NC 4-H Skillathon and Quiz Bowl Contest
- October 30: NC State Fair & Southeastern Regional Livestock Judging Contest
- October 31: NC State Fair & Southeastern Regional Skillathon Contest
More information about each of these events will be posted on the 4-H Youth Livestock Program website in the upcoming weeks. Access it by clicking here.
Below are the upcoming dates for 2010 Dairy Youth Events:
- March 13 at 11:00am: Holstein Carolina Classic at Dixie Classic Fairgrounds in Winston-Salem, NC
- March 20 from 9:30am-3:00pm: State 4-H Junior Youth Dairy Day at Iredell County Agricultural Center in Statesville, NC
- April 17 at 8:30am: State 4-H Dairy Quiz Bowl Contest and State 4-H Dairy Skillathon Contest at Iredell County Agricultural Center in Statesville, NC
- July 19-23 (tentative dates): Southeast U.S. Dairy Youth Retreat in South Carolina
Please check the State 4-H Dairy Youth Program website routinely for information about other upcoming 4-H dairy youth activities and events. Access it by clicking here.